Friday, July 13, 2007

Heat Wave!

I LOVE hot weather. Love it, love it, love it. During these last couple of very hot days, I've noticed something. People are never happy with the weather...especially in Alberta. All winter long, they complain about the cold and the snow (DUH, you live in the Canadian prairies...what did you expect??), and then spend the summer complaining about either a)too much rain/too many cloudy days, or b)too hot. Screw the weather man, I say! Whatever the weather is, ENJOY the day. Even if you have to enjoy it from inside. When you stop and think about it, the weather could usually be worse in some way on any given day.

Even as we speak, I'm plotting a way to get in some outside time between the ceremony and reception of the wedding we're going to tomorrow. It's supposed to be in the high 20's, low 30's all through the next week (that's high 70's-low 90's for the non-metric people out there), "feeling like" (I don't know what that means...but the weather network says it...) into the mid to high 30's (high 90's). That doesn't bother me one bit! I can't wait! I was stuck inside working today and yesterday, and I don't want to miss out on the hot weather while it lasts! And the best part is that there is not much for wind. Wind. I dislike wind. How ironic. A few sentences ago, I'm saying people shouldn't complain about weather. Now here I am, complaining about weather. HA!

I do feel very sorry for Suki, however. Poor kitty. She's so hot. She just lays around the house on the floor, wherever we are. Unfortunately for her, we're not in the cool basement very much, so she just lays there stretched out on the floor in the living room or kitchen, half asleep, kind of lifting her head and looking at us now and then to make sure we're still there...


I can't wait for the sunshine tomorrow!

3 comments:

Jim Thomsen said...

Yeah, I never understand why people keep on living year after year in climates to which they appear ill-suited, judging by the extent of their commplaints. Or maybe it's like wives who complain about their husbands — it's more ritual and loving exasperation than anything else. Most wouldn't give up their husbands for anything. They just think it's cute to say they would for some reason. Maybe it just passes the time.

I pretty much like the climate where I live, and it's a huge reason I choose to live here now after growing up here. We have 3 1/2 season here in Washington state — mild winters, slow-to-start but beautiful springs, six to eight weeks of blazing hot summer and a nice sweet cool autumn with plenty of my beloved rainfall.

People here complain about the rain a lot. Some of it is just complaining for form's sake, some of it is tradition ... and some of it is people who genuinely hate the rain.

To which I say: "Well, there's plenty of property available in Arizona."

And they sign and roll their eyes at me because obviously I just don't get it ....

Guilty as charged.

DC said...

OK SISTER! I read your blogs and I think on all counts you are absolutely right! People complain about the weather because they can. Society nowadays does not seem to happy unless they can have something to complain about. My gosh! What would they talk about if they didn't have their complaints? It would be a complete miracle for someone to be having a wonderful day. The heat is GREAT! I love it too! Can you hear the "but" coming? ......BUT...it is really REALLY going to suck if its in the high thirties next Saturday when I am fluffed and puffed in a big ole white wedding dress!

Marisa said...

Suki Booki. Chou is happy we have AC.

I love it anywhere I live. I'm enjoying the heat in Key West because I grew up in the Northwest and will be moving back there eventually.

Why complain!?