Monday, August 27, 2007

Renovation Update (Bee-beep)


Aaron has been working hard (with the help of several amazing friends) to jackhammer and remove the concrete from the basement floor. He got a crew together on one of the days I was in Olds, and they got a LOT done. When he started jackhammering again today, I noticed that Suki was really restless, trying to find a place that was a bit quieter, and not vibrating, I imagine. I'm sure she was left to endure it last week, so I thought I would take her outside, where it was a bit quieter, today. It soon started to rain, and she started to howl, so I moved the round patio table onto the lawn to make an umbrella for her, put "her" towel underneath, and there she stayed.

After the all the hard work today (thank-you Ryan, Glen, Philip and Udo!),the end is in sight! Here's where we're at:

South-West side of the basement:

I got a large chunk of it all raked and cleared...Aaron still has a little jackhammering to do along the footings.



South-East side of the basement:

Lots of raking left to do in the middle, and the whole far end of the room is still the big pieces of broken up concrete...plus a couple feet of un-jackhammered concrete on the far wall.




North-West side of the basement:

Just a little raking left in here, level things out a bit.



North-West side of the basement:

Not much left to do here! Ryan cleared most of it for us today!




Here's the pile of concrete in the front lawn BEFORE we went on holidays (July 27):





Here's the pile of concrete as of 9:30 this evening:


And we ain't even finished yet! Having this part done will be one HUGE check mark on the giant list of things to do.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Yey! You're getting somewhere :D Good job guys! Well, here's my party idea (wrong blog I know)...what about a jackhammer party in the basement? heheh...okay, do you STILL want any of my ideas?

Kelsie-lou said...

Haha! Don't think I didn't consider it! Aaron thinks maybe he will give his students their DPA (daily physical activity) by bringing them to the house and having them haul concrete for an hour...since we live 3 blocks from the school...*wink*