Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sleepy, sleepy, sleepy....

Well, we've been out and about for 10 days now...and we're headed in the direction of home. We parted ways with my parents at Halcyon Hot Springs (I had my deck chair firmly planted poolside, right underneath the "s" at the end of "Springs"...overlooking the lake and the mountains....gorgeous...) last night at about 6...and didn't make it very far towards home...we decided to find a campsite in Revelstoke so that we wouldn't have to set up our tent in the dark, and so that we could enjoy a bit of the evening...We stayed up quite late doing some reading and emailing (it's a "town" campsite...and they have WiFi!!!), but I was rudely awakened at 6am by very loud noises of machinery right next door. It's 8:45 now, and the noises seem to have stopped....it sounded like a rock quarry or something, and there were voices over loudspeakers, etc., etc., etc.....I was sure it was what Hell must be like. Aaron didn't seem to have a problem sleeping through it, but at 7:45, with a sore back and a splitting headache from all the noise, I finally got up and came to sit in the Jeep, which drowned out the sounds much more than the tent. An hour ago, I was ready to throw the tent into the back of the Jeep and head for home, but now that the noise has stopped, I might be tempted to crawl back into the tent and sleep for a while longer...

Tales of our adventures will be on their way soon...

6 comments:

Marisa said...

That is a magnificent view Kels!

Jim Thomsen said...

I would agree ... IF I saw any freaking pictures!

Marisa said...

click on the links, silly.

Kelsie-lou said...

That area is quickly becoming one of my favourite places to be...

Kelsie-lou said...

P.S. When I went back to the tent to sleep that morning, I locked the Jeep cuz our computer was in it, and there were lots of people walking by our campsite...and I locked the keys in the car. We had to wait 2 hours for the CAA (AAA to you guys) to come and save us. Blah! Oh, well. I just created a new adventure...

Amber said...

Today Blaise woke up crying twice to firecrackers, this morning at 5 something and then again when he was down ofr his afternoon nap. I can't believe Mothers Day when they go around blasting corny spanish songs in the wee hours of the morning. The noise pollution here is hard to live with. So - I feel your pain of not being able to sleep:)