Friday, March 14, 2008

(One of the) Dumb Thing(s) I Did Today

I applied for a really cool job with the local health region, educating in and promoting healthy living for 0-18 year olds in the area. It's my friend's job, but she'll be going on maternity leave soon. I literally threw together a resume during my spare period while subbing today, quickly had Aaron look it over before sending it off via email to the person named in the posting under "application instructions," as the listing closed at 4pm today. I then ran off to an appointment and then taught 3 piano lessons. I came to check my email just now and noticed a new message in my inbox. This is what it says:

Out Of Office Autoreply:

I will be away from the office from March 10 until April 7 inclusive. If your request is urgent please contact Carolyn Germain at 780 645 3396.


I go back and look at the health region's main page for "careers," and find this:

How to Apply

For all job postings or general applications, e-mail your resume to: jobs@aspenrha.ab.ca

If you would rather use mail, mail your application to the address noted on the job posting. If you are placing a general application, mail your application to:

Aspen Regional Health,
10003-100 Street,
Westlock, Alberta
T7P 2E8


Crap. I'm gonna REDO the resume (it's saved on Aaron's account at school) and send it in to this address anyways. They probably haven't looked for incoming resumes since 4pm this afternoon, anyways. I hope. Oh, well. If it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be.

No comments: