Saturday, March 1, 2008

We're Havin' a Party!

I love parties! Being away was fun, and I enjoyed the sun, the friends and the break, but it's GOOD to be HOME! I kind of hit the ground running on Monday morning, and didn't really get a break, sleep-wise, all week. FINALLY, on Friday, I told Aaron that I was sleeping in, and not to wake me up in the morning. Well, he woke me up, anyways, but I'm all good with going back to sleep. And SLEEP, did I EVER! I woke up at 11:50 (from some sort of dream about still being on vacation...I've dreamed about vacation of some sort every night since we got home...Jim, I think you were there wherever I was on vacation in my dream last night) to hear Aaron coming home to get something he forgot for school. I was DEAD out, and probably could have gone back to sleep, but I decided to get up and clean the house, and perhaps have a nap in the afternoon before piano lessons (4-5:30) and work at Reitman's (6-9). Well, the cleaning didn't happen, and the nap didn't happen...

I finally managed to have a shower at about 3:30. The doorbell rang while I was still in the shower...I decided not to rush out to answer the door...whoever it was could come back or call, or something. When I got out of the shower, I went to the door to see what I could see. When I opened it, this:


fell to the floor. I looked out, and Aaron was just home from school, and was talking to Cheylynn, who had been the doorbell ringer and had left this COOL invitation. THIS is what brings me to the ultimate point of my story. I'm SOOOO glad to be home, and SOOOOO excited to get together with everyone again.

....and I envy Chey's crafty talents and loudly applaude her for the creativity and time she put into the invitations...Thanks!!...I can't wait!

{p.s. Thanks, Holly, for letting me know that you read my blog...now leave a COMMENT! :)}

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You described what I WISH my Saturday morning could of been like! I'm glad you guys had a great vacation...and that you're back to blogging too! John

Anonymous said...

Didn't you go to any "soy hops" in Adventist school?

Anonymous said...

you are more than welcome. I am super excited for saturday too.

Kelsie-lou said...

Jim, Jim, Jim...I only went to sevvie school for 4 years, and not all in a row...my last year was gr. 7 and enrollment was 9 at it's peak. So, in a word, no. :)

How anonymously gracious of you, Ms. Anonymous...;)

Marisa said...

Sounds like fun! How ironic that I read this while I'm having my own sock hop! Ok, so it's a pile of socks on the couch next to me and Chou and Stinkerbell are alternately crawling through it...

Kelsie-lou said...

Are they CLEAN socks?

Marisa said...

YES.

Kelsie-lou said...

Are they BUSINESS socks?????? ;)

Laura said...

Welcome back to the bloggin' world! Glad you had a fun vacation and a good sleep-in! :)

Amber said...

Hey Kelsie how was Jamaica? I tried looking at some of your trip photos on FB but our internet connection is slower than molassess...
I tagged you for a meme on my blog, come read it and see what you are supposed to do :)