Saturday, March 22, 2008

Fun at "Home"

I haven't been "home" since Christmas. Haven't seen my two sweet nephews since then, either. We got here at about 4pm on Friday and spent the evening chatting with mom and dad and ended off the evening watching a TV movie about an Amish girl on trial for murdering her newborn infant. It starred one of my favourites, Mariska Hargitay, as the lawyer hired to defend the girl. Amish culture has fascinated me in recent years, so I really enjoyed watching the movie.

Today, we lazed away most of the morning, and then headed out to my sister's place, "the farm," to visit her and the boys (and Andrew, but he was working most of the day...). We spent the afternoon playing all sorts of games with Austen, watching Braeden's latest feats (and all the drool and snot coming out of his face...;) ). Austen LOVED playing with Aaron and was constantly giving him LONG hugs...then saying "Thank you, Aaron." Then another hug, another thank you, so on and so forth. We all went outside to try and fly the new kite the boys got for Easter. Sadly for Aaron (the principal kite flyer), the wind was faint and not very consistent. Oh, well. We tried.

2 more days here...can't wait for more fun!

2 comments:

Marisa said...

so I was checking every day and then you slipped in a new one while I was in pre-wedding fervor.

sneaky.

Kelsie-lou said...

Haha...and now' it's been dead for 2 weeks. It's the whole "friend almost died and is still coming out of a coma" thing that's slowed me down. You snuck in like 6 posts while I was distracted. HAPPY WEDDING!!!